Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A Few Things...


I've been thinking about this list for the past couple of weeks, and have been meaning to write it down. There is so much to be thankful for! I'm grateful for:

  • Blackberry picking with my mom. I think blackberries are my favorite. Add them to greek yogurt...enough said. 
  • Fans that keep me cool at night. Had it not been for my fan the last couple of weeks, I wouldn't have been able to sleep. At. All. It's been hot up here!
  • Vegetables. I'm recently obssessed with roasting bell peppers and sprinkling them with Mrs. Dash. No oil needed!
  • Living near an LDS Temple
  • The love and support of family, friends, roommates and church leaders.
  • The peace that comes from reading the scriptures.
  • The enabling power of the Atonement. Still don't understand quite how this works, but I know that it does! And it's blessed my life tremendously. 

And that's about all for now!

3 comments:

Kristen Whitby said...

I love this Shannon! I love blackberries, too. Yum! And of course the rest of the things on your list too. I always admire how you look at the world with such creativity, passion, and beauty.

Shan said...

Kristen, you're so sweet. Thank you!

sarahannnoel said...

I love when I stumble on new blogs and the first posts I read are "thankful" lists. They make me stop and wonder what I'd put on a list if I wrote one today, and that's SO inspiring! Thanks for the pause and the reminder!

Sarah
the Reverie blog

Related Posts with Thumbnails