Wednesday, September 19, 2012

What Saturday nights are for

Unfiltered shot of sunset across Lake Washington.

Friends jammed into one vehicle.
Lake Washington.
Sunsets.
Bats disjointedly flying in the air.
Great conversation about love, life and religion.
A late showing of The Odd Life of Timothy Green.

Exactly what Saturday nights are for!

Summer is nearing it's end up here in the Pacific Northwest, yet September has not been a disappointment. No, not at all. The days are indeed getting shorter, but the days are warm and gorgeous.

I live about 10 minutes from the lake, and I kick myself that I don't take greater advantage of my beautiful surroundings. Luckily, a few friends felt the same way. To the waterfront we went.


Walking along the Kirkland strip is one of my most favorite things to do. The memories are rich and plentiful--feeding the ducks and Tim Noah concerts as a kid, cruising with my friends as a teenager (we thought we were sooooo cool), and now, as an adult, strolling and taking it all in. And did I mention the sunsets are spectacular?

I love the Pacific Northwest!

2 comments:

Heather H. said...

What beautiful photos! I'm glad you are loving being in Washington. P.S. I think your efforts for a new beginning are inspiring-I want to make some of the same goals!

Ruthie said...

Such a great photo! I love moments like those! Your face is so serene and beautiful! Love you Shan!

Related Posts with Thumbnails