Once is just as fabulous, and it probably helps that I've been obsessed with the soundtrack ever since it came out. Why did it take me so long to see? Who knows. But who can resist a film that takes place in Dublin, features an Irish singer-songwriter's journey to creating an album and with the help and support of an adorable Czech woman? I was in heaven. It was heaven to hear Czech again, and I was half proud half disappointed in my language abilities. I could understand most of what she said, but I wished I could have understood even more. But on the other hand, I have been out of the country for 3 1/2 years, and I have been surrounded by Chinese for the last 3 months. Anyways, moral of the story, please see it. It is wonderful. I caution that it does have an R rating ( and I feel partly guilty for promoting this film), but honestly it's for language that was mostly used in the first scene of the film, and that being the repetitive use of the F-word. To some that may be offensive, but to me, I just figure it's not quite the same in the UK/Ireland. Everything else was more clean that most movies nowadays.
Here's to films and to film makers who do not believe in producing cookie-cutter movies!

3 comments:
Yay! I loved Once too. I hardly even understood the cuss words so they didn't bother me. It is such a sweet story and of course the music is fabulous. Thanks for the review.
PS-Amelie is wonderful too.
Agreed, I love Once too! I saw them in concert in SLC and they were amazing!
i never saw the movie, but i got the soundtrack and it's great.
p.s. i love commenting on blogs.
p.m.s. the only thing better than commenting on blogs is trying to figure out what the Word Verification words mean. what is a "munken?"
Post a Comment