Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Taipei--a picture post

A couple of weekends ago I went up to Taipei with some friends to celebrate Wendy's birthday. The places we hit up--The Taipei Zoo,  a huge Ferris Wheel, and of course, Taipei 101 (still the tallest building in the world).



































As in most places in Taiwan, the  zoo is no exception with it's obession with poo. There was an entire wall of poo art, and each bathroom had it's own cutesy poo motif. And this was an adorable girl that we saw all over the zoo.




















 Yes, that's a piece of poo that we posed in. Isn't it fabulous?


The giraffes were my favorite. I found them so happy, and strangley elegant. They made me happy. And who can resist an elephant bum and a cool totem pole? The elephants danced, which is something I'd never seen before.

 
 After fun at the zoo, and after escaping a rain storm, we took the MRT to this cool ferris wheel. It was much like the eye of London, but of Taipei.





  We had the chance to ride in an all glass car, but we would have had to wait over an hour for it. We decided against the wait and had a blast. The ride took 20 minutes to complete, and it was so fun to see Taipei from that angle.

The fabulous night ended with a trip to Taipei 101, to the English bookstore--Page One, and dessert at Chili's. It was awesome, and the first time that I felt well satisified with seeing what I wanted of Taipei. And of course, none of my pictures do any of it justice.

Here's to Taipei, and it's wonderfulness. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails