Saturday, August 28, 2010

Am I homesick, or is it just nostalgia?

It's hard for me to believe that I've been back from Taiwan for almost 9 months! Nine months I tell you! Insanity is what that is.

I feel like I'm messing up my routine being here in the States this time of year. The past two years I was living it up in Feng Yuan with my adorable students and amazing friends, July through December. This will be the first year in 2 that I'll be home for the holidays, enjoy fall weather, American football, snow, and the like. But, then there are many things I'm missing like night markets, the beach, typhoon days, hiking in the jungle, my adorable students, and amazing friends. And who could forget my scooter!?

Anyhow, this youtube video is going viral among my Taiwan crowd, and it perfectly sums up the Taiwanese experience. If you weren't able to picture it before from my previous posts, this is Taiwan. All of it. Seriously. They hit it all. Even the reactions to stinky tofu (which were quite different from my own, by the way).

Wo ai Taiwan!

2 comments:

Sarah Spencer said...

Love it Shan! You are right...perfect video...also fantastic song. love that they used Temper Trap
Wall Eye Knee!

Shan said...

My favorite part is the sequence from Sun Moon Lake with the boats moving on the water. I still need to go to Alishan! Sarah, seriously, we should take a trip back one of these years!

Related Posts with Thumbnails