Let me explain.
Six years ago today I entered the Missionary Training Center in good ol' Provo, Utah and embarked on the most influential spiritual, physical, intellectual, emotional journey of my life thus far. I didn't quite know what to expect as I said goodbye to my mom and went to find my room and my companion, Sestra Vaughn. But I did know that I was at the right place for the right reasons, and that the Lord would bless me for my sacrifice and service.
Front: Sestra Vaughn, Sestra Hodnett, Sestra Judd, me.
Back: Starsi Murray, Starsi Heckmann, Starsi Hendricks, Starsi Condie.
We learned Czech, memorized scriptures, studied the gospel, ate a ton of sugar (diky Starsi Heckmann!), played volleyball, attended the Temple, and above all, learned how to be the most effective instruments in the Lord's hands.
Every year on this day I ponder what I have done with my life since that time. Am I on the right track, continuing to do what is good and right and true? Or am I falling below that mark?
There are too many fond memories and anecdotes to share, but I will say that I'm velmi vdecna ze jsem mela prilezitost byt misionarka z Cirkvi Jezise Krista Svatych Poslednich Dnu!

1 comment:
you know what you've done with your life since then...pretty much super cool awesome things like move to taiwan, live in dc, meet...ME! Ha. Love ya!
Post a Comment