Friday, August 27, 2010

Happy Weekend!

Another week has come and gone, and another weekend has arrived!

Hurrah!
                                                                                as the lovely Bridget Jones would say.

This Friday evening I found myself at Cafe Tijuana, a great little Mexican Karaoke bar for a friend's going away party. When I first heard that we were going to a Mexican restaurant to sing karaoke, I didn't quite know what to say. Up until tonight, the only times I've sung karaoke have been in Taiwan. Therefore I assoicate karoke with Asia, not Mexico.

As the evening progressed our group surpassed 20, taking up the majority of the space. The other patrons didn't quite know what to make of us, the joyful, loud, energetic, non-drunk group. The place was awesome--not only did they have karaoke, but they had a dance floor as well. Finally we had enough space for an epic dance party that involved everyone in the joint.

Favorite song of the night: Andrea and Ginette's rendition of La Cucaracha.

Friends Rachel, Julie and I wanted to sing something, but knew our vocal chords weren't up to Whitney's I Will Always Love You--simply a classic.

Instead we went with this little diddy:


Here's to the weekend, in all it's glory!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Sounds like a blast! I haven't done karaoke in forever. Probably since HS or college. Glad you had a fun time.

Windy Dawn said...

I saw this post late last night before going to bed and this morning I woke up with Unwritten playing in my head. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails