Thursday, September 11, 2008

Everyone's doing it, so why can't I?

So I chopped my hair off yesterday. Yep, you heard me right. Mom, I know I didn't tell you that I was going to do it, but I just got so jealous of Lindsey having cute new bangs, that I decided to get some myself. Totally kidding...well, maybe half kidding.

I was joking around with my friend Alexis over facebook last week, and asked her what she would do with my hair if she could give me a hair make-over (she's a stylist, and a very good one in the Boise-area if anyone is looking for a new stylist). She said she would cut it shorter and do some sweeping bangs. I wasn't too sure about the bangs, but I've done short before. I was going to get my hair dyed, so I thought, why not chop my hair off while I'm at it? So I did. The decision was made on a complete whim.

Gloria, my amazing Taiwanese friend, made me an appointment with her hair stylist at a salon called Happy Hair. I arrived there early and was a little nervous. Having my hair cut in a country where almost everyone has straight hair was a little nerve-racking, but a great experience.

When I first got there they showed me to my seat and gave me a Chinese magazine that I obviously couldn't read. Next a shampoo girl washed my hair and gave me an amazing head and neck massage. I was showed back to my seat and my stylist, Cindy, cut my hair. She went straight for the bangs and kept cutting and cutting and cutting. I was starting to freak out because curly hair shrinks when it dries. Then she cut a lot of my other remaining hair. She thinned it, did some more cutting and it turned out to be the fabulous masterpiece of a haircut that I am now enjoying.
They were so cute and gave me this little box of sponge cake as I left. And it was not as expensive as I was expecting it to be, which was great.
Hoorah for fabulous hair in Taiwan!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Shannon! Your hair looks so cute! Good choice! I'm still uber jealous that you're in Taiwan and now I'm even more jealous that you get to go to Sigur Ros too! Some people just get all the luck :P

momryther said...

I LOVE your hair...it's gorgeous...must be those Ryther genes!

Related Posts with Thumbnails