
A couple of weekends ago we decided to stay local and go explore Taichung. Taichung is the second or third largest city in Taiwan and it's just happens to be where we attend church. We decided to meet up with the teacher's from Chunghua and wander from the train station and see where we ended up. It was one of the most enjoyable days for me thus far. I love to explore and to especially wander through cities and see what cool things you can find. Below are several pictures of what we saw on this incredibly hot and humid, but utterly fabulous day:

This is a snap shot of us leaving the train station on our way into town. The train station is to the west of the main part of town, so we had to walk a little ways.
This was a cool little street that we walked down that was full of herb vendors. This little woman on the right was cleaning up her little stand outside of her home. It was beautiful, and obviously this picture doesn't do it justice.

We wandered into this amazing park in the middle of the city, complete with a pond full of turtles. The plants were beautiful! The plant above had the coolest flowers, and really neat looking pod things. It reminded me of my mom.



More pictures from the park. A cool tree where gold finches were eating something, a pick-up game of baseball, and one of the many random people taking naps under the trees and on the monuments.

A tasty stop at one of the markets we went to. It was called "Hit Cookie" and was pretty amazing. They take an egg and fry it. While it is frying, they place some bready goodness on top. Then they make a taco like thing with it with meat, cheese and a special sauce. Seriously amazing!
At the same market we went to a shop where this guy from Brazil makes these awesome leather bracelets. He tried speaking to me in Spanish, but I gave him a blank stare. He laughed and asked why I didn't know Spanish (I think he must of thought I was from South America or something. He also had darker skin like mine and curly hair like mine.). I didn't quite know what to say. It would make sense for me to to know Spanish, but for some reason I happen to know languages that aren't quite as useful. Anyhow, maybe if I actually learn Chinese I won't feel so bad about not knowing Spanish.
The end.
3 comments:
hey.. it is fun to hear of your crazy adventures... i thought of you today... there is a guy in the ward that had a farewell today and he is going to the chech republic!
Shannon...so glad you put your blog link on facebook! I love all your awesome pics and your hair looks fabulous!!!
Are you loving it out there!!??
Shanny! Cute hair! Also, I am so jealous of your adventures. I want to visit Taiwan or somewhere like it sometime...
Post a Comment